Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving Traditions


Over Thanksgiving we were told to take pictures of what the holiday meant to us. I took many pictures of the traditional preparations of the turkey, family around the table and the lovely table spread filled with color from the food; however, I knew that was not the picture that I thought would be unique enough for me. I was taking pictures of my grandparents preparing the lovely meal in their kitchen and I turned to get out of the way because it is a very small kitchen. Then suddenly I saw this little sign I had seen many times and I knew this was what embodied thanksgiving and family to me. Both my mother and grandmother are wonderful cooks and every time I go to my grandparents house I am spoiled by wonderful food and love. This is what Thanksgiving is about: spending time with the family and simply enjoying the time relaxing together.  

3 comments:

  1. I love this, so true. You're so talented!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that quote!! It is so true and so much like my family! Great job Erin!

    ReplyDelete