Friday, September 9, 2011

Wein

Today was my first day in Vienna and It was also the 1st day that I spent time just enjoying the city for what it is. I started out the day at the sweetest coffee shop where the people serving Emily and I did not speak a word of English. This meant ordering coffee in the 20 words of German that I know. However, I have found that the Austrians are usually very kind in helping me find places when I am lost and when trying to take my order. So we got our coffee and began to make our way to school. We ended up taking the "scenic route". But ended up fine. Headed to the bank to take care of our registration and got some pizza for lunch, which by the way successfully ordered in German. Very exciting! Went on a bus tour of Vienna and learned some interesting facts. My favorite part of the day was the art museum. I was so excited because it is not only a great museum but one of the most beautiful buildings I have ever seen! We walked some more and found street performers who were relatively good and went to the Prater (kinda like a carnival but it is permanent). Here we ate more good food and went on a swing ride that showed us all of Vienna. it was so beautiful! As an added bonus it was at sunset! First beautiful sunset of many I expect. Over all my feet are tired but my head is full of wonderful visions of Vienna!

No comments:

Post a Comment